twitter
    Find out what I'm doing, Follow Me :)

Friday 19 June 2015

Fleebay and Paypal Explained for Buyers

 


After buying 100s of items on ebay here is a bit of advice for buyers on eBay.

1. Always check description very carefully and make sure everything is as described and you haven't overlooked anything.
2. See Youtube videos and try and google the product name to see if anyone has reviewed it or made a video on it. It'll give you a much clearer idea of the product before you purchase it.
3. Make purchase from ebay and I have only paid through Paypal because I find them safe to pay through. You will not need to pay any fees if you are a buyer.

How Paypal works

Paypal is a mediator between the seller and the buyer. It works for both.

1. If you have problem you can start a dispute within a particular time frame. That is 45 days from date of transaction. Normally, if you are buying stuff from abroad it takes 3-4 weeks to get to you anyway. So you are only left with about 15 days in order to try out item make sure eveyrthing is good.

2. If you start a dispute and seller asks you to end the dispute, the seller is trying to scam you. DO NOT CLOSE A DISPUTE UNLESS YOU HAVE REACHED A RESOLUTION. Because then you can not ever start anoter dispute and it is completely upto seller to give you a refund, and yes you will never get your money back. e.g., I wanted to get my older phone unlocked but wasn't with my previous provider anymore so i had to get my phone unlocked through third party. i contacted a few and went with the cheapest option of $49. The guy send me his PayPal address via text message. So I paid him and then he asks for $10 more. So I said no and ask for a refund. His action made be wary and i opened a dispute. the guy flips and says if I don't close dispute he is going to blacklist my phone and that i and ruining his paypal history. All this is a lie and a pressure technique. I immediately phoned paypal and described to them the situation and not only they added this report on his account so if he tries to do it again they will close his account, they immediately escalated the dispute to a claim and the guy was forced to give me back my money. And as far as blacklist is concerned the cellphone provider has record of me as the original purchaser of phone and if he did try to blacklist my phone (i'm guessing he worked for a company celling cell phones or something like bestbuy) he'd be easily tracked down.

3. You can also ask for a partial refund because sometimes items can be too expensive to send back. For Example, i ordered a set of wheels for my landrover from the states. I paid around $1200 after shipping and taxes and the seller said they will fit my vehicle. When I went to get them installed it turns out the front ones were hitting my caliper so they had to take it off and put my old ones back on. I had to buy spacers that cost me another $300 in order to get those wheels on. I started a dispute on PayPal and asked the seller to go half on the spacers which i thought was fair. So the seller did end up refunding me $150 to avoid the hassle and it worked out really good for both of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment