twitter
    Find out what I'm doing, Follow Me :)

Friday 3 July 2015

Fixed the oven for 50 bucks Error Code F9 LG Double Wall Oven

Shame on LG for not supplying a $10 part part for my $4000 broken oven that is less than 2 years old and already thermostat is gone. So after 3 hours off being bounced back and forth on the phone to them and their local authorized appliance repair company Shaugnessey Appliance I had enough. At first LG told me i just give Shaugnessey Appliance their reference number and they can deal with it form there. Shaugnessey Appliance wanted me to set it up separately with thim which is $90+ tax for showing up abd diagnosing and then parts and labour. I wanted to go through LG. But last LG agent told me that since my oven is out of warranty and since they don't have any of their repair people in my area i have to do whatever Shaugnessey Appliance is offering. So I went online and found out that actually the F9 Error that was showing on upper oven is because thermosat is broken and i need to replace it with part number 6930W1A003X. LG However refused to sell me he part (against their policy for some reason) and no appliance place apart from Shaugnessey Appliance can actually carry LG Parts. Not only that the cherry on top is that I have to get Shuagnessey Appliance to come and repair my oven. Since their start rate was $100 I really wasn't looking forward to a few hundred dollar bill that they were going to make for me. I wasn't going to give up thoug so finally I found my part at Sears Parts Direct Canada. I gave them a call and gave them the part number. The part was $8.99 with fla rate shipping of $9.99. Total about $20. Within a week i recieved the part and asked my handyman to come over as I wasn't too confident on handling it on my own.

I googled "service repair manual for LWD3081ST" to see what i have to deal with and if i could do it myself. To my surprise I found it.

http://www.appliancefactoryparts.com/content/pdfs/148178-8.pdf

If you scroll down to page 22 section 3-7 you will see the thermostat and its location.

We turned off the breaker at the mains so no power at oven.
We took 6 screws out to detatch the wall oven from cabinet. Removed the doors and kept it aside.
The we put cardboard down on the hardwood floor to make sure we don't scratch it and slid the double oven out onto it.
Once we had access to the back panel we took the screws out and took off the back panel.
The Thermostat was attatched on with one screw. We took it out and put the new one in.
Then I turned the breaker on and tested the oven and guess what it was working absoolutely fine.
Turned breaker off and put everything back as it was.
All in all for 2 people who have never fixed an appliance before this took us under one hour easily.

So shame on you LG for really poor customer service and product support. I will think twice before buying your product again.




22 comments:

  1. Is this a gas oven? Mine is giving F9 after I select the Bake option. Broil will work just fine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. brilliant post. i also purchased part number "EBG51439301 Wall Oven Safety Thermostat: and had it replaced. the old one seemed to be partially melted. my service person said "LG IS ONE OF THE WORST APPLIANCES". not many people wanted to fix my problem because it was LG.
    thank you for the recommendation. worked great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your article has piqued a lot of positive interest. I can see why since you have done such a good job of making it interesting.
    freezer repair

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your input. I had this exact problem and just finished fixing it as per your instructions. Saved myself a few hundred dollars on the repair man! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was just browsing through the internet looking for some information and came across your blog. I am impressed by the information that you have on this blog. It shows how well you understand this subject. Bookmarked this page, will come back for more. Viking Barbecue Grill Repair In Santa Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don t have the time at the moment to fully read your site but I have bookmarked it and also add your RSS feeds. I will be back in a day or two. thanks for a great site. BLUESTAR APPLIANCE REPAIR & SERVICE IN SANTA BARBARA

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free. I love seeing blog that understand the value of providing a quality resource for free. SubZero, Viking Ice Maker Repair Monterey Park

    ReplyDelete
  8. first-rate enjoy earned after reading all the elements of this internet web page. I attempted hard to get clue about how I could display content material of its blogs not a good buy effective but I surrendered all my weapons definitely after analyzing it. appliance repair

    ReplyDelete
  9. The method of execution is really impressive of writers of this blog. This team does really work hard and brings new information to its readers. I am connected with this blog very long and I am really thankful. appliance repair near me

    ReplyDelete
  10. Enthusiastic words written in this blog helped me to enhance my skills as well as helped me to know how I can help myself on my own. I am really glad to come at this platform.
    water heater installation near me

    ReplyDelete
  11. Most equipment is repairable in home but there may be the occasion when removal of the appliance to a more suitable repair location might be required. Dishwasher Repair KitchenAid, Wolf, Frigidaire, Kenmore, Whirlpool, Sears, Viking, Maytag, Bosch, FisherandPaykel, LG, Electrolux in San Diego

    ReplyDelete
  12. Took me time to read all the comments, but I really enjoyed the article. It proved to be Very helpful to me and I am sure to all the commenters here! It’s always nice when you can not only be informed, but also entertained! Dacor, Viking, Wolf, KitchenAid, Ovens Repair IN TORRANCE

    ReplyDelete
  13. I found so many interesting stuff in your blog especially its discussion. From the tons of comments on your articles, I guess I am not the only one having all the enjoyment here! keep up the good work... Dacor, Viking, Wolf, KitchenAid, Ovens Repair IN TORRANCE

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am impressed. I don't think Ive met anyone who knows as much about this subject as you do. You are truly well informed and very intelligent. You wrote something that people could understand and made the subject intriguing for everyone. Really, great blog you have got here. Dacor, Viking, Wolf, KitchenAid, Ovens Repair Near Me

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! This is the perfect blog I am looking this type of blog its awesome blog here , share great information about this topic. This informative blog helps many readers with their decision-making regarding the situation. Great articles and will look forward for more! Ge repair

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great post, you have pointed out some excellent points, I as well believe this is a very superb website.
    install wall oven

    ReplyDelete
  17. I was surfing the Internet for information and came across your blog. I am impressed by the information you have on this blog. It shows how well you understand this subject. Commercial Office Partitions

    ReplyDelete
  18. I wanted to thank you for this great read!! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post. Best air fryer for college

    ReplyDelete
  19. Houston Appliance Repair is a leader in producing high quality residential in-home appliance repair services to our customers. Our friendly and highly recommended appliance repair teams of local Houston appliance technicians are here to help you! oven repair houston

    ReplyDelete
  20. We are really grateful for your blog post. You will find a lot of approaches after visiting your post. I was exactly searching for. Thanks for such post and please keep it up. Great work. Modern kitchen cabinets

    ReplyDelete
  21. I think this is an informative post and it is very useful and knowledgeable. therefore, I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. Super white quartzite

    ReplyDelete