twitter
    Find out what I'm doing, Follow Me :)

Wednesday 10 June 2015

Never buy LG



Life is not so good when you buy their $2500 wall oven and it breaks under 2 years under very light usage; 3 hours on phone with their customers service and their "authorized repair" here called Shaugnessey Appliance, I am convinced never to buy LG ever again in my life. This is my web chat session from LG recently.

Christie: Hello, nayyer iqbal. Can I help you with anything today?
iqbal: hi i need to to order these parts... 6930W1A003X and EBG51439301
Christie: I would be happy to help you with that.
Christie: These are internal parts, only authorized technicians can order them, I can provide you with a service center information for you to get in touch with them is that ok?
iqbal: yes but i do not want them to install it
Christie: It can only be ordered through them, but they will also install.
iqbal: yes and they'll charge me a lot of money to do so
iqbal: its just a thermostat and i can do it myself
Christie: I am sorry for the inconvenience this must have caused
iqbal: yes t shouldn't happen on an oven thats less than 2 years old
iqbal: it*
Christie: We have a special promotion called Flat Rate, by making a single payment of 175.00 + taxes we can repair any issue the unit may be having including parts labor and diagnose, it will grant you 90 days warranty on that repair.
iqbal: comeone are you kidding
iqbal: its a $20 part that takes an hour at most to repair
iqbal: how can you justify charging $2000
iqbal: $200*
Christie: That will cover diagnose, parts and labor. LG does not sell parts separately, only authorized technicians can order them. normal service call would cost around 95.00 for the diagnose only.
iqbal: i don't need diagnosis i know the problem. i need someone to repair.
Christie: We can send a technician wither with the Flat Rate or the regular rate.
iqbal: basically you are ripping me off.
Christie: I am sorry for the inconvenience this must have caused
iqbal: you are kidding right. i want a simple part and you can't give it to me. what is your reason.
iqbal: i bought your oven and paid over $2500 for it. less than 2 years it breaks and i cna tell you i am not the only one with the problem on this oven.
Christie: Please understand that it is not me not wanting to sell the part, there is no reason for me to do that. This is how the LG policies work, LG does not sell internal nor functional parts separately, only authorized technicians can order these as well as install them.
iqbal: yes but the oven is mine. i paid for it. it breaks so i should be able to buy the part and fix it myself.
Christie: i wish that I was able to do more, regretfully this is not in my hands.
iqbal: well let me tell you i will never buy LG again in my life.
iqbal: I'd be grateful if your supervisor could call me on +1 306 881 8601 and explain to me as a lg customer who have spect thousands on their prodct why they can't sell me a $20 part so i can fix an oven that shoudn't break within first 2 years of very light use.
Christie: For supervisor assistance, please contact us at 1-888-542-2623, they can only be reached over the phone.

Basically, if you are out of warranty for LG you are made to pay ridiculous amounts of money for repair (unfairly charged). They won't do anything and you can only get it repaired from their "authorized dealer". They will not sell you the part and be prepared to sell your kidneys for next repair which could happen very soon and on a recurring basis. I am going to give that number a call and demand why they can't sell the parts.

In the meantime I called Sears Parts in Canada (18004MYHOME) and ordered the replacement thermostat and fuse for $40 inc. shipping. Planning to get my Family Handyman to change it which will cost me $40 in labour (2 hours). Costing me $80 and they quoted me $200 flat rate (which is not covered where I live) and if i go with Shaugnessey $100 just to diagnose problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment